Google Play Music Desktop Player
Google Play Music Desktop Player is open source on GitHub. This means YOU, the community, gets a say in all the features we implement and you can even get involved and help out.
If you find a bug or want something new, tell us in Gitter or on GitHub and we will see what we can do!!
Being a lightweight, standalone framework we use FAR less resources than having Google Play Music open in a standard chrome tab. This frees up your computer’s resources to do things you care about, instead of wasting them on playing music.
Google Play Music Desktop Player adds a level of customization that simply isn’t there in the web player. You can change your theme, customize the colors, send your play history straight to last.fm, and it even has a built-in equalizer.
From advanced audio controls to simple song change notifications, this desktop player literally does it all.
The same beautiful Material Design experience you love on the browser, just as a dedicated desktop player
Mobile Remote Control
Easily control the player from the comfort of your couch. We have apps for iOS and Android. Simply enable the Playback API in your players settings and install the mobile app.
- Media Keys support (Play, Pause, Stop, Previous, Next)
- Last.FM Scrobbling and Now Playing support!
- Desktop notifications on track change
- Simplistic mini player
- Customizable dark theme
- Taskbar media controls (media controls embedded into the taskbar) Windows only
- HTML5 audio support – No more Adobe Flash Player
- Built-in audio equalizer – Make it sound how you like it
- Background music playing, minimize to the task bar
- Customizable hotkeys. No worries if you don’t have media keys – Choose your own shortcuts!
- Choose your audio output device from within the player
- Interface for external applications such as Rainmeter
- And a whole lot more coming soon!!
You choose how it looks.
You choose how it sounds.
You choose how to use it.
Last FM Integration
You choose who knows about it.
Desktop Notification Support
You choose if you find out about it.
100% Open Source
About the Author
I am a University student based in Melbourne, AU but originally from Auckland, NZ. I love programming in my spare time and think it’s great giving back to the community through Open Source projects such as this.
Connect with Me
Download Latest Release of Google Play Music Desktop Player
There are some choices here, please choose your Operating System.
Please select your flavor of Linux
If you are not sure check if your flavor supports installing `.deb` files. If so, go with Debian, otherwise go with Fedora.